Friday, August 21, 2020

 hiiiii cutie, how you doing?
                             
- text message from jessie, my childhood best friend

Yesterday, I quit my job. Yes, it's a pandemic. Yes, 10% of America is unemployed. A large part of me is trying to forgive myself for this, cajoling myself into believing that it is okay to not have it figured out yet. Just like seven years ago, when I graduated from college, and all the adults in the room asked where to next?

it. is. okay.

"Good for you for getting out of this monstrous place."
                             - courtney, my coworker

I'm looking at where to buy costco pants online, and wondering if this is crazy, when I'm about to be out of work. I don't shop at costco. I don't shop online. And yet, I am craving these black stretchy ankle-pants for $19.99. They have free returns, with $5 for shipping and handling. The pants are modeled by the woman who runs the goat rescue where I volunteer. My drive to the rescue this morning had a $1.50 toll. I need to buy gas for my car soon, which costs about $30. I went to the dentist after and spent $38 on a laser to clean the bacteria off my teeth. I bought toothbrushes and period supplied at Target for $8.00. I'm not going to have a job next week.

it. is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment